Seattle Bubble has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://seattlebubble.com/blog/and update your bookmarks.

Off-topic comment? Interesting link?
Head over to the forums, or click here for open threads.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Welcome to Seattle Bubble

Welcome, planetoids to the new blog, "Seattle Bubble." This blog was created to post news stories and generate discussion about the real estate/housing bubble and specifically how it affects the Seattle area. Questions we will explore:

  • Does a real estate/housing bubble exist?
  • If not, why not?
  • If so, why?
  • If so, when/how will it end?
  • etc...
Many other informative blogs and sites exist to discuss the bubble in general or specific to other locales. I highly recommend you educate yourself through the links in the sidebar. To be honest, the main reason I'm starting this blog is to collect information for my own interest, and I just figured that if I'm this interested in the subject, maybe some other people in the area are too. I hope you find this to be a useful resource.

2 comments:

Dustin Luther said...

Definitely brought a smile to my face when I saw that my wife's site is listed as a "local anti-bubble site". I guess if you see the world in black-and-white (AND you twist your mind a bit), I could see how rain city guide is anti-bubble despite the fact that we rarely, if ever, take on bubble-related issues, and when we do it is to say that those darn interest-only loans should be avoided except by expert investors!

None the less, you've had a week of great posts! Keep up the great work!

And consider adding Seattle Property News (http://seattlepropertynews.blogspot.com), to your sidebar under local sites. I think he has one of the most informative real estate blogs for the Seattle area!

The Tim said...

I left a comment clarifying this elsewhere, but I thought it would be pertinent to point out here as well that the "anti-bubble" title is really tongue-in-cheek. That's why I clarified "aka realtors beneath (and have added the "*wink*" bit). It's just a list of links to sites that discuss Seattle real estate and don’t really mention a possible bubble. I figured since the greater topic at hand is real estate in general, it would be good to link to a few local sites that discuss real estate in a broader sense.