Looks like I didn't miss too much Seattle housing news while I was gone. I'm looking forward to seeing the April numbers next week. Here's a summary of what I noticed while clearing my inbox:
- Seattle, Portland, and Dallas are the only cities of the 20 tracked by the Case-Shiller / S&P Index in which prices are still rising.
- Mr. Cohen discusses the latest Case-Shiller / S&P Index data in an article with more balance than usual. Don't worry though, it still includes the requisite quotes from realtors about "bidding wars" and "soaring prices."
- Foreclosures in the first quarter of 2007 in King County were up 37.6% from Q4 2006, and up 0.7% YOY.
- Ms. Rhodes does her part to pump up the local home salesmen's egos with another installment of add some rah-rah fluff to an AP article.
- Apparently there's a bit of a kerfuffle going on up in Snohomish County over the creeping spread of something that resembles the resulting offspring of an unholy union between condos and SFHs.