Seattle Bubble has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://seattlebubble.com/blog/and update your bookmarks.

Off-topic comment? Interesting link?
Head over to the forums, or click here for open threads.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Seattle Bubble Announcements

Good Monday everyone. I'd like to take a moment to announce a few new things going on here at Seattle Bubble.

First off, you may have noticed that the "About This Blog" section on the right has been transmogrified into "Read These Posts." I realized that there were some posts that I was consistently referring back to, that I feel really do the best job of getting across the major points we've explored on this blog. The idea behind the "Read These Posts" section is that if a newcomer to the blog reads through each of those posts, they'll have a pretty good summary of what's going on in the Seattle housing market, with respect to the bubble. If you have any additional posts that you think should be included, or if you think that one of the posts that are included shouldn't be, please let me know. It's a work in progress.

Secondly, although Synthetik has already pointed this out in a comment thread, I wanted to draw attention to the fact that the domain name / link SeattleBubble.com is now functioning. For now, it just forwards to the "old" address (seattlebubble.blogspot.com), but my not-too-distant plan is to migrate to a fully-hosted WordPress blog, which would just use the address SeattleBubble.com. So get a head start, and change your bookmarks now.

Lastly, I thought I would point out the "tip jar" link on the right side. Believe it or not, I added this only because it was privately requested by readers. I started this blog primarily as a way to keep track of the changing Seattle market conditions for myself, but it has morphed into something much bigger. As a result, I do spend quite a bit of time finding interesting things to post, and working on original content. Unlike many of the other "bubble blogs," I have not resorted to advertising, and I intend to keep it that way for the forseeable future. Honestly, writing this blog is its own reward, but I definitely don't mind getting a few dollars out of it now and then. So, if you like what you've been reading, and have been wishing for a way that you could repay me, now you have it. Unfortunately, for those of you that despise what you read here and wish I would just shut up and go away, I haven't yet figured out a way to make an "un-donation" link, so I guess you're just going to have to keep leaving snide comments.

That's all for now. If you have any suggestions of ways to make this blog better, this thread would be a good place to speak up.

1 comment:

Shadowed said...

I wasn't in a financial position to buy at the time I started reading this blog, about a year ago, but I was trying to get there. Silly me wanted to get as close to 20% down as I could. This blog definitely educated me not only on the terrible condition of the marke, buy about the homebuying process in general. I don't expect to buy for at least a couple of years now.