Seattle Bubble has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://seattlebubble.com/blog/and update your bookmarks.

Off-topic comment? Interesting link?
Head over to the forums, or click here for open threads.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Seattle Bubble Announcements

I'd like to welcome Chad (aka synthetik) as the latest to join the Seattle Bubble team. He brings a unique perspective to the blog, and I'm looking forward to some of the posts he has in the works.

Additionally, I'd like to announce that for at least the short-term future, I'm turning off anonymous commenting. If you want to post a comment, you're now going to need to go through the minimal effort of creating an account on Blogger. You're not required to in any way associate your real name with a Blogger account, or even make your email address public. I just want the conversations to be easier to follow, and for people to have at least some minimal accountability for what they say.

Lastly, with the addition of a third regular poster, I've made some slight style changes in how the posts are presented. Specifically, I moved the "posted by" part from the bottom of the post up to the top, just underneath the headline. I'd appreciate feedback on whether this design provides an obvious enough differentiation between the different post authors.

I hope that you find these changes to be beneficial, but I welcome both positive and negative feedback. Feel free to email me (you'll find the address in my profile) if you'd like to make your comments off the record. Thanks!

7 comments:

Eleua said...

Bravo! on the no anon handle.

This should allow several parallel conversations to take place.

Anonymous said...

Synthetic Chad-

Please do not let the others know of the free beer and other perks in the contributors lounge. The Tim is a good man, darn good man.

:)

Russell said...

I, for one, welcome our new Synthetik overlord.

Surkanstance said...

Tim,

Have you considered using a posting system similar to what Ben Jones has on his blog? His system allows people to easily choose a handle when posting WITHOUT having to go through the heavy-weight registration process that your site requires. I notice that are rarely any anonymous posts on Ben's site, even though it is allowed.

Clearly I don't have a problem with having to register to participate in this blog, but I am just wondering if there might be other alternatives which would make it easier for more people to participate and STILL make the conversations easy to track.

Anonymous said...

I think that's a good idea Mikhail...

The Tim said...

The bummer about the threaded comment engine that Ben uses is that it only works with WordPress. From what I've been able to find, the only options open to Blogger users are the Blogger system and Haloscan.

I haven't thoroughly looked into it yet, but so far I don't know tha Haloscan really offers significant benefits over Blogger. Does anyone have any other suggestions of possible solutions that are out there?

Matt Rivett said...

Nice addition to the blog! BTW, I've decided to co-opt my blogger name... grivetti, as opposed to the ubiquitous 'matt'...